BusinessObjects Board

I want to know about synchronisation in Desktop Intelligence

Hi Friends,

How are you? I think all are doing good. I want to know about sYnchronisation in Business Objects Desktop Intelligence. Could you please provide me any documents or examples.

I am eagerly waiting for your reply.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,
Eswar

eswar519 (BOB member since 2009-05-26)

What do you mean by synchronization in Deski?

Rakesh_K :india: (BOB member since 2007-12-11)

I have the same question.

We have a bunch of little tables for descriptions.
For example, our main table would have a project type id of 1, 2 and 3.
The project table would have just project type id and project description of small, medium and large.

I select fields from 4 tables and the sql and report looks okay.

When I add the project desction, the sql says synchronization with two separate select statements. On the report not all field are on one line. Two of the fields are separate section fields.

How do I fix these synchronization? :x

dvandeus :us: (BOB member since 2006-04-20)

Hi

Its because your project description column is from different context. In this case, BO will generate a seperate select statment for this.

Add the table which having project description column into the context, this will generate single select statement.

Regards
Siva.M

looksmee :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

Thanks. I added the description table to a context and it worked. I had to choose between two contexts.

I have 7 main tables and about 14 of the little description tables. Now I have to figure out the best way to set up the contexts that are most efficient.

dvandeus :us: (BOB member since 2006-04-20)

Check this.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

Hi, I have the similar problem of synchrinisation.
I donot have any context here.
I have table A, B and C. Table A has 1:N with B and table C has 1:N with B.

I have two aggregate column MAX and MIN from table C and few columns from A and B. But when i am trying to drag one more aggregate from B with Sum in it, it is generating 2 separate sql statement in teh report.
Please can you advice how to resolve this.

Many help in advance.

Gitanjali

purohg (BOB member since 2006-09-18)

Hi, I have the similar problem of synchrinisation.
I donot have any context here.
I have table A, B and C. Table A has 1:N with B and table C has 1:N with B.

I have two aggregate column MAX and MIN from table C and few columns from A and B. But when i am trying to drag one more aggregate from B with Sum in it, it is generating 2 separate sql statement in teh report.
Please can you advice how to resolve this.

Many help in advance.

Gitanjali

purohg (BOB member since 2006-09-18)