BusinessObjects Board

i need to know how to prevent Report from refreshing?

i need to know how to prevent Report from refreshing if there is something wrong in the prompt values?
1- i need to check on field in the prompt
2- refresh or don’t refresh according to that value
3- show a message box say the error

RobeirSamir (BOB member since 2005-06-21)

This only possible using VBA

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Hi Robeir,

If you atre trying to validate the values people are entering into the prompts then this is not possible. Business Objects only generates the SQL after the prompt values have been entered.

irish_stan :ireland: (BOB member since 2003-05-13)

i need code to prevent refreshing???

Hi robeir,

If you only want to restrict the report from being refreshed you can untick the refreshable tick box in the definintion tab of data manager.

Though it should be noted that this setting will do if the user saves the document as another name… 8)

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

no i don’t want to prevent refreshing at all
i want to prevent the refreshing in some cases
so i need code that prevent refreshing and enable it again

Good Point Mak!

can’t see how you could do this without VBA as Mak said in his post. if you have got BCA you could set condition to prevent it from refreshing that way.

what do u mean by BCA??
by the way: i am very new with BO:)

BCA is Broadcast Agent. It is a Business Objects product that allows reports to be rscheduled refreshed and distributed automatically. During this process you can set conditions on wherther you wish the report to be refreshed or you can set up a file watcher so that only the prescence of this file would result in the report being refreshed.

If you have access and permissions to used the SDK It may be possible to do what you want and I have attached a link to a post in that forum. However, as you are quite new to BO you may not feel comfortable going to this level at this time.

Maybe you could add a little more deatil to the text in your prompts so users do not enter the wrong data.