BusinessObjects Board

Hyperlink webi to another webi

Hi ,

i have gone thorugh many posts on hyper link in this forum but still am not able to understand a few things to start with :

1. i need to link a webi report based on detailed universe with the summary universe report .
    so first step should be to create a object in Universe based on open document ?? please tell me?
    How many parameters should we include in this open document syntax because i saw the bob downloads link and it has mny paramters.
    lets say i have one report Summary and i want to link report Detail with it what should be open doc syntax for this .

2. When i go to webintelliegce what changes are required there, as told on various topics i changed the preferences to interactive but i could not see any hyperlink option when i right click ,Please tell me steps to perform in webi after universe is done

Am using boxir2 with oracle Db and Apache tomcat .

I hope my doubts are clear as i am doing this for first time i am a lil scared and confused :cry: :cry:

amruta (BOB member since 2007-04-24)

Hi,

Pease create the drill down report and the summary report.

Use the opendoc function in the summary report to link the drill down report to it. You will have to provide document name, report name(tab), path of the drill down report , type of the report (deski/webI) etc.

Make the property of the cell/ column of the report to read as Hyperlink.

Now if you open the report in interactive mode and click on the Hyperlink cell should open the drill down report.

Hope this will clear your doubt

:+1:

[Moderator Note: Reset the color - Jansi]

SSM :india: (BOB member since 2009-09-23)

Dear SSM, please don’t change the default color in all your posts. The green formatting is needed only in case of code. Thanks for understanding.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

Thanks SSm

one more doubt here the pen doc syntax will be given in designer ?? right ??
but this will affect this object in all reports wherewever it is used

i just need a new woindow when i click on lets say a particlular country or lets say i create a variable in the webi report and name it Detail report and drag it in webi report as heading so whoverwants a detail report will click on it and get the data in new window

You can give the opendoc function in report itself in a blank cell and place it anywhere in the report.

Thanks ,

I am having two reports

1= DetailCredit cards and 2= Summary credicards

i want to put a hyperlink in summaryreport ie second report for the fiorst report, botha re webi reports
can you pls guide me how i can get this done with open doc syntax . also can i use the syntax in sucha way that when i click on any of the column value it opens adetail report ?
please guide me with the syntax for above two reports

Please refer to the document given in the below link

Thanks i have seen it but it refers to universe changes and also the list of paramters is huge hence i am unable to get the syntax .

“http://: 8080/businessobjects/enterprise115/Infoview/Scripts/opendocument.aspx?sType=wid&sDocName=df”

i replaced df with my report name in above link but its open a blank page

i created a object using black cell in webii and gave the cell content read as hyperlink

Amruta,

Please provide the URL as below and try

="<a href=http://: 8080/businessobjects/enterprise115/Infoview/Scripts/opendocument.aspx?sType=wid&sWindow=New&sRefresh=Y&sDocName=df"

Thanks,
SSM