BusinessObjects Board

Hyper links in WEBI report

Hi All,

How should I put hyperlink in a report such that if we click that hyper link one more sub report has to open. We have a report which displays the summary sales, and in that summary report we need to include a hyperlink( sales detail ) if we click this sales details hyper link the detailed sales report has to open. We have designed these two reports and saved in two different folders (Summaries and Details), is it possible in BO to open a report by clicking hyperlink? Please help me.

Both reports are designed from same universe.

Thanks,

Mohan.

mohan_mannam (BOB member since 2008-02-28)

do a search on opendocument and you should find everything you need.

meutte :belgium: (BOB member since 2007-12-06)

Use Open Document Parameter
Syntax:

="<a href=" + "/businessobjects/enterprise11/desktoplaunch/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?sDocType=wqy&amp;sRepoType=0&amp;sDocName=ReportName1"  + ">" + [object1] + "</a>"

Give the report name in the syntax which you want to link—>and paste this in the column(summary report) where you want to drill to next report–>change the cell property like Read cell as “text” to “Hyperlink”

Good luck

anil.ganga1 :us: (BOB member since 2007-07-04)

Hi Anil,

Could you please let me know what shud i supply in place of [Object1] in the syntax given by you?

Thanks you So much for ur help
Mohan.

mohan_mannam (BOB member since 2008-02-28)

Give the object name where you are inserting this code…

The code moght not be exactly works, if it works then fine…I just given this for your referecne.If it not works try to search “Open Document Parameter” or different strings.you will definitely find.

all the best.

FYI

hope the help

nobleman :cn: (BOB member since 2008-02-19)