BusinessObjects Board

Huge number of failed instances cannot remove

I am having problems with some scheduled reports that are creating new failed instances every second. Most of the reports are scheduled for once a day. In some cases I have over half a million failed instances. I included a picture of one from Infoview.

For the ones with less then 100,000 errors, I have been able to copy the report, delete the original, and reschedule. Unfortunately when I try to do this same process for some of the ones with more errors, it never seems to actually delete, the browser just spins like it is doing something for hours. After two hours I get impatient and try again. I am going to let it run until it errors out if ever.

This occurs in both Infoview and CMC if I go to Folders and try to delete from there. Any suggestions on how to clean these up?

As for what caused this, I can’t tell for sure. We did have a database failure that impacted CMS for a period of time, but I am not sure this problem didn’t exist prior and I just found it as I was updating some of the scheduled reports.
Screen shot 2011-04-12 at 9.53.57 AM.png

Haderak (BOB member since 2010-09-30)

There was recently a issue with DST when the time changed. Have you seen this? https://bobj-board.org/t/172811

There is a script in that thread that can delete those instances.

GigaGuy :us: (BOB member since 2007-02-13)

That was it. Thank you.

Haderak (BOB member since 2010-09-30)