BusinessObjects Board

How to use SDK functionality in BOXIR2??

Hi,

How to use SDK functioanlity in BOXIR2? Need customization in WEBI Report.

How to achieve that?

Thanks,
srini

kamalg (BOB member since 2005-09-27)

Start here … http://devlibrary.businessobjects.com/BusinessObjectsXIR2/en/devsuite.htm

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

I’ve been to this site. I see nothing for writing VBA macros in a DeskI report. It all seems to be related to Java, .NET, or COM SDKs. With the loss of our 5.x repository looming on the horizon, I’m looking to replace some of the reports we use to manage the environment. I’m looking for VBA code for XI R2 that can retrieve a list of Universes, the Universe info, and what tables it uses. Any ideas? :hb:

pcgeekus :us: (BOB member since 2003-10-16)

You’ll need to use the Enterprise COM api to be able to get that information back in VBA

HTH

Hayden_Gill :australia: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

In the middle of that page is a link to the Desktop Intelligence and Designer SDKs. Those are COM APIs that can be used with VBA.

Thanks Dwayne for the link.

Hi pcgeekus,

Please check the attachment which may be helpful to you.

{moderator edit … rather than attach the same utility in two different places, I included a link to the original}

kamalg (BOB member since 2005-09-27)

HI Dwayne

I have Downloaded your utilty from BOB Download. But even after going through the instruction which you gave i am not able to get any universe information.

According to you this XL Sheet along with Designer SDK helps to retrieve the detail level information about a Universe.

As I have Downloade the BO 5.X version XL sheet so I am not sure how to use it. As You wrote that by “clicking the “Document a Universe” Button in the XL Sheet ,Log in and open the univese”.

Do u mean to say that i should Log In in to the Designer with the ID and PWD and Open the universe. If its right then i have already tried that one but it lead to no result

Or do you mean to say something else which I am not able to catch please let me know as this utilty is much needed for me.

Thnx
Aks

Dak (BOB member since 2006-01-17)

Yes, that’s all there is to it. Note that the results are on the individual tabs, not on the control sheet. Just making sure that it didn’t just “appear” to have done nothing.