BusinessObjects Board

How to replace 'ALL' value with all rows

Hi Friends,

I have a table called ‘Toy’ having a column ‘ToyType’.
Suppose the values for ‘ToyType’ are :

ALL
SoftToys
MetalToys
PlasticToys

Now I want to create an object and condition in Designer module in such a way that when I select ALL … it should fetch me all the values ( i.e. SoftToys, MetalToys, PlasticToys) and If I select individual values, it should show value matching that criteria only. i.e If I select ‘SoftToys’, then only those rows which match this criteria should appear. How to do this. I just inserted the value ‘ALL’ as a dummy row. That particular row has blank values in all other columns.

Thanks in advance.

ravi_ind (BOB member since 2004-11-04)

HI

Something like that:

@Select(Toytype\Toy) IN 
@Prompt('All Toys (+ for all): ','a','Toytype\Toy ',multi,free) or '+'IN 
@Prompt('All Toys (+ for all): ','a','Toytype\Toy ',multi,free)

Hope it helps

Bye
Gregor :wink:

Gregc M. :slovenia: (BOB member since 2003-11-03)

Hi Gregc,

Thanks for your reply. I tried it … but when I have selected ‘ALL’ as the value it is not fetching any rows ( from Business Object ). Though when I select other values it is fetching them correctly …

Can you please check it.

HI
If I understand you,you want to show all values or choose one value from toy.If you want to choose all values you enter plus[+] in prompt,oderwise you klik the values button and choose right toy.
You can send me mail for more details!
Bye

Gregc M. :slovenia: (BOB member since 2003-11-03)

You do not need a dummy row containing ‘ALL’ in your table, but you may need a dummy row in your LOV if you want to display the value ‘ALL’, in the LOV, otherwise the user can enter it manually if you have the keyword 'free’in the prompt

As Gregor has shown, you need an 'OR’in your prompt. When a user enters ‘ALL’ it has the effect of removing the constraint, i.e. it includes all rows

@select(Toytype\Toy) IN 
@Prompt('Select Toy(s)','a','Toytype\Toy ',multi,free) 
OR 'ALL' IN 
@Prompt('Select Toy(s)','a','Toytype\Toy ',multi,free)

Paul Shovlar :uk: (BOB member since 2002-09-05)

And it is all spelled out in the FAQ Designer

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Hi Friends,

Thanks for the replies … I had tried the solution provided by Paul Shovlar and it worked for Business Objects report. There in that report, I published the report by entering the value ‘*’ as a default value and the report is now picking all the values. How to set a default value for webIntelligence reports. I didn’t find any way to enter a value while publishing the webi report. Waiting for your replies … Thanks in advance.

Which version of WebI are you using?
Default prompt values were introduced with WebI v6 I believe.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

we are using webi 2.7.4 … is it not possible to have default values for prompts in this version …

No, it is not. :nonod:

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)