BusinessObjects Board

how to rename the tabs with my field values

Hi,
i have a summary tab and 5 detail tabs. in the Summary tab, i have all the users name and I want to rename my detail tabs with the individual name. So each tab will have each users name. Can somebody show me
how to do it using VBA?

thank you

luy (BOB member since 2007-01-10)

HI,

Have a look here:
Create report tab and filter for each value

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

that is duplicating the tab, filtering the values and renaming the tabname.
I already have the tabs with the resultset, i just want to rename the tabname with the field values i have in my summary report.
the thing is, i have the fields in my summary report sorted by descending order based on their volume so i want to name the detail tab in this order also. how can i go through the value in my report field. It seems that it is getting value from the dataprovider as oppose to getting it from the actual report.

I’m confused. If you already have the tabs built, presumably they are already filtered, right? If you filtered them manually, then rename the tab manually. I must be missing something.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

yes, detail tabs are pre-built but the values changes everyday and i am scheduling this report to run daily

i have the report written in DeskI, I want to schedule this report to run daily in CMC but the output format will be in Excel.

how do i trigger the macro to run automatically? i put the macro under sub Document_Open(), but i guess this is not the correct place since the deski is not manually open.

any thoughts?