BusinessObjects Board

How to remove the time component from a date LOV?

Hi forum,

I have a date object in my universe the mapping of which is
trunc(W_DAY_DM.DAY_DT)
When ever a user tries to use the corresponding LOV while building the report condition, all the dates show up with 12:00:00 AM time component also.
How to avoid this time component?
I can’t change oracle.sbo file or any other files because there are some dates in the universe which actually use time components. So, any generic date/time settings can’t be applied.

Thanks & Regards,
jay

jay (BOB member since 2002-07-10)

Jay,

You can edit the LOV to just format it in the manner you expect it, yet leave the object as a date so that it is still selected.

IE… Edit the LOV SQL to read:

select distinct
to_Char(W_DAY_DM.DAY_DT,'DD-MON-YYYY')
from W_DAY_DM
order by W_DAY_DM.DAY_DT

This way it formats it as a text response, yet they still appear in Date order.

-RM

digpen :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

This is an extremely common question. It is supposed to be in the Designer FAQ, but even still, I don’t think you searched. Here are a few topics with a discussion of what your question:

I am not picking on anyone directly. Really. :-) But please, everyone, [b]please[/b] use the search feature before you post. We spent a lot of time converting nearly four years of discussion from the BUSOB-L listserv in order to preserve the information. And one of the above topics was more recent than that.

Another benefit of searching, especially as we go forward with Bob (this forum), is that if anyone has marked the older topic to watch and it is brought back to the top for further discussion, they will be notified. If a new topic is started, then they won’t.

Dave

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

OK for all this Dave, but … shouldn’t you be sleeping :?: :?:
Given that it is 10:00 AM here in France, I assume it is 3:00 AM in Texas :sleeping:

“Forum addict” … I’ll say :!: :lol:

Pierre :luxembourg: (BOB member since 2002-09-05)

I usually question the value of providing LOVs for dates, but for very specific scenarios (for example beginning/ending dates of accounting periods, etc.)

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Yes, it was. :wink: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)