BusinessObjects Board

How to Move Version 4.1 Repository

Hi All,

I know that many will roll their eyes when they read this question:

I am working with a client that still has a stand-alone installation of Business Objects version 4.1
This 4.x repository is currently sitting on an older version of Sybase. They are moving to a newer version of Sybase and they need to move the repository from one server to another server that has the newer version of Sybase.

Does anyone know the (general) procedures for moving a repository from one server to another within version 4.1?

The client does not have any of the old version 4.x manuals.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

dea965 (BOB member since 2002-09-17)

Yes, it is a bit amazing to see some clients are still in v4 (I know even one with piece of v3 !!)

About your request, not a big stuff, the main part of the job will be done by sybase DBA guys.

They have to make a copy of the BO sybase repository on the new sybase server then give you the server / database / login and password stuff

After that, connect to bo v4 supervisor using the special GENERAL / SUPERVISOR login/password to recreate a new BOMAIN.key file to the new sybase repository

Once loged in supervisor, DO NOT FORGET to change the domains connexion pointing to the old one to avoid cross-linked repository issues

Regards
Bernard T

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

Bernard is correct. However, please remember to check FAQs and to Search first.

From the “Supervisor FAQ” Sticky topic near the top of this forum: How do I move my repository?.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Thank you Anita and Bernard for your input.

My client is not able to locate the password for the GenSup account. In that case, I am not able to perform a “safe recovery” in order to generate a new BOMAIN.KEY file.

Until then, I have recommended that they migrate the single reporting application (running on that 4.x platform) to their current 5.1.6 platform. They should do this before they start their migration to XIR2 (which is slated to start later this Spring).

Cheers and thanks —

dea965 (BOB member since 2002-09-17)

Hi,

You can also find at supervisor FAQ level (Where Anita suggest you to go) how to redefine your general supervisor account paasword.

Regards