BusinessObjects Board

How to Move the Repository

Hi All,

I need to move the Repository from Database(Oracle) to another DataBase (Oracle) on different machines.

Can you Tell me how to proceed with this…

One more: Is it possible to have two repositiories under one BO server??
I need to run reports for two repositiories (throgh BCA) under one server

Thaks in Advance:

Regards
RamaKanth.G

RamaKanth :india: (BOB member since 2005-09-06)

Please, have a look at the Supervisor FAQ here on B :mrgreen: B first. Thank you.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Thanks for quick reply

Can i keep the existing key file instead of new one(Which needs to point new repository)?

is there any way without asking users to change the key file?

One More:

Is it possible to have two repositiories under one BO server??
I need to run reports for two repositiories (throgh BCA) under one server

Regards
RamaKanth.G

RamaKanth :india: (BOB member since 2005-09-06)

No, If you want to point to new repository you need the new key, why ? because there might be a change in the user-name in the connection, so if you want to point to new repository then you need a new key, and if you want to point to the old repository then you need the old key.

Golden rule : Keep the backup of files.

You can also rename your BOMAIN.KEY as BOTEST.KEY (for old repo) and
BOPROD.KEY for the new repository to avoid any confusion when you log in to the environment using FC.

It depends on which environment they want to use, If they want the new repo. then they must need a new key to point to it.

You can but you have to switch bomain keys each time… sometimes pointing to old repo. and sometimes pointing to new repo… It is good for a while but not advisable.

Again you need to replace/switch keys… that is old and new.

Note: WebI and BCA servers must have the key name as ‘bomain.key’ else they won’t work. Only for FC bomain key can be renamed.

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

Hi guys,

I have tried the steps Andreas posted a link to above in a SQL Server 2000 Database environment. We copied all the ‘objects and data’ into the new SQL Server database and ran a safe recovery to point to the new location. I checked to see if all the tables/indexes exist in the new database and if all the required rows were populated. THe new database is identical in this regard. What is different is the servername and logon information. When we try to log on to Supervisor using the newly generated bomain.key file, we get the following error:

42000/8180
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Statement(s) could not be prepared.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

JoeOnTheGo (BOB member since 2006-06-29)

Too late to reply to this post.
But I got the same error recently.

I corected it by going to the Security Configuration console.
Chose “Basic” and “repository” checking option.

However it gives a last message saying “LDAP security is successful”

After that the SQL server error is not occuring.

itsani07 (BOB member since 2007-07-09)