BusinessObjects Board

how to minus objects

Hello All,

I have two objects in the universe which is date Type objects.

when i drag and drop it will show HH:MM:SS. in both the objects.This is time ojects.

I need to create another variable by doing minus between both objects.

I am getting an error while creating a variable.

Error is as belwo:

The expression /sub -expression at position uses an invalid data type.specify a valid data type

Can you guys tell me how to solve it.

Thanks for your help

Pooja

ktm :us: (BOB member since 2008-11-12)

Hi,

First convert both strings into numbers that represent the number of seconds. Then do minus beween these 2 numbers and then, if needed, convert the number into hh:mm:ss format again.

Something similar is done here:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hello ,

Below is the code of the universe objects:

Cal Time:

IF(TIME_TO_SEC(TIMEDIFF(TimeDSL.responseTime, TimeDSL.DispatchedTime))/60 > 600, null, IF(TIME_TO_SEC(TIMEDIFF(TimeDSL.responseTime, TimeDSL.DispatchedTime))/60 < -600, TIME_TO_SEC(ADDTIME(TimeDSL.responseTime, TIMEDIFF(TIME('24:00:00'), TimeDSL.DispatchedTime)))/60, TIME_TO_SEC(TIMEDIFF(TimeDSL.responseTime, TimeDSL.DispatchedTime))/60))

Response time, and Dispatched time is another objects.

I drop the Response time,Dispathed Time, and Cal time, Both objects(Response time and Dispatched time) is displaying 00:00:00(HH:MM:SS) format. When I drop “Cal time” , It is displaying in Number.I want convert into the same format as Response time and Dispatched time.
(HH:MM:SS)
When i right click and format date and time it is showing an error # Format.

Basically, I want to check “Cal time Object” whether it is doing Minus properly?

Looking forward to hear from You.

Thanks for your help again

Pooja

I have two objects in universe, Response time , Dispatched Time which will display HH:MM:SS when i drag and drop in the WEBI.

My requirements is to get the time Difference between the above objects.

I Created one Variable " number of seconds" by which below formula :

=DaysBetween([Dispatched Time];[response time]) * 86400
+(ToNumber(FormatDate([response time];"HH")) * 3600 +
 ToNumber(Left(FormatDate([response time];"mm:ss") ;2)) * 60 +
 ToNumber(FormatDate([response time] ;"ss")))+ (ToNumber(FormatDate([Dispatched Time] ;"HH")) *
 3600 + ToNumber(Left(FormatDate([Dispatched Time];"mm:ss");2)) * 60 +
 ToNumber(FormatDate([Dispatched Time] ;"ss")))

Than for Formatting Varibale i try to create a varibale but it is throwing an error: Unrecognized inputs’&’ at position 52.

=FormatNumber(Floor([number of seconds]/86400);“0”) & " day(s) " &
FormatNumber(Floor(Mod([number of seconds] ;86400)/3600) ;“00”) & “:” & FormatNumber(Floor(Mod(Mod([number of seconds];86400);3600)/60) ;“00”) & “:” & FormatNumber(Mod(Mod(Mod([number of seconds];86400) ;3600);60) ;“00”)

Please help me to get this resolve.

Thanks
Pooja

Hello All,

I have number of seconds variable now, I just want to format in HH:MM:SS.

I used Below Formula but it is not parsing throwing an Errr: Unrecognized inputs’&’ at position 52

=FormatNumber(Floor([number of seconds]/86400);"0") &amp; " day(s) " &amp; 
FormatNumber(Floor(Mod([number of seconds] ;86400)/3600) ;"00") &amp; ":" &amp; FormatNumber(Floor(Mod(Mod([number of seconds];86400);3600)/60) ;"00") &amp; ":" &amp; FormatNumber(Mod(Mod(Mod([number of seconds];86400) ;3600);60) ;"00")

Can you please help me to solve this Issue.

Thanks
Pooja

I tried using similar syntax and got the same error, about "unregonised &… However, if I changed “&” to “+”, the rest of the “&” symbols didnt cause any problems… I am wondering why at that certain position it is giving this error?

americanmc :hong_kong: (BOB member since 2009-12-31)

I Changed the below formula but still have cannot parse it.

=FormatNumber(Floor([number of seconds]/86400);"0")"+"; " day(s) " ; "+"
FormatNumber(Floor(Mod([number of seconds] ;86400)/3600) ;"00")  "+": "+" FormatNumber(Floor(Mod(Mod([number of seconds];86400);3600)/60) ;"00")  "+": "+" FormatNumber(Mod(Mod(Mod([number of seconds];86400) ;3600);60) ;"00")

Can you please look into it.

Thanks
Pooja

Hello All,

Can anyone tell me what i need to modify in my formula.I tried various way but could not parse it.
Please let me know.
Thanks
Pooja

Pooja,

Please do not bump your post until at least one business day has passed!

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)