BusinessObjects Board

How to mask Username in Infoview 3.1

How can i change the welcome greeting in Infoview.

Ex: when users login it says Welcome:XXXX. This information is secure iD and we don’t want to display this, but we would rather want to display users Full name. I’ve done this in XIR2, but not sure in 3.1

Any idea where i can perform the change?
Vikram

vikramb :us: (BOB member since 2008-07-27)

Hi,
This might not be a full solution but will alteast point you somewhere…
Navigate to [b]:\Program Files\Business Objects\Tomcat55\webapps\InfoViewApp\jsp\listing[/b]
Open Home.jsp file
The following content in the files takes ownership of the welcome code i.e getUserName() method. I was not able to find required method for you but when i have replaced getUserName() with getUserID(), i was able to see the change in the infoview as Welcome: 123.

<fmt:message key='main.header.welcome'/>&amp;nbsp;
            <span class="bannerUserName"><%= ((CrystalIdentity)request.getSession().getAttribute(InfoViewConstants.INFOVIEW_SESSION)).getSession().getUserInfo().getUserName()%></span>

As you have implemented this before, you might have knowledge of the method you need to use to get UserFullname.

-Satish

forgotUN (BOB member since 2006-12-13)

I’m afraid with the suggested solution you wont be able to pull the full name from the CMS, but you can pull the description field.

The possible methods you can use are listed here:
http://devlibrary.businessobjects.com/BusinessObjectsXI/en/en/BOE_SDK/boesdk_java_api_doc/doc/boesdk_java_apiRef/com/crystaldecisions/sdk/occa/security/IUserInfo.html

Other than that, have a look at the discussion on Change Display of User name to Account Name (XI R2)

Orange :netherlands: (BOB member since 2006-09-18)

woo hoo, it works.

Changing the .getUserName() to .getUserDesc() works. This picks the description from the CMS.

Thanks Satish and Berand for your replies :slight_smile: