BusinessObjects Board

How to make universe Performance faster?

we build the universe and data is also comming right but when we are draging and dropping the objects it is taking a long time to publish the result.
Is there any way we can tune the universe.
Thanks
Pooja

ktm :us: (BOB member since 2008-11-12)

Where exactly are you trying to do the drag and drop of objects
Is it in webI query panel or DeskI?
It can be due to various factors for the slowness in selecting result objects, the BOBJ server might be having lot of CPU usage or the local machine in case of DeskI reports

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Well try to reduce the joins and increse the array fetch size and check the cpu usage . binary size in web logic properties.

yadavendrasingh (BOB member since 2009-01-21)

Are your measures objects defined with its sql aggregation operator? (Using sum(TABLE.NAME) instead of TABLE.NAME, for example)

I have seen reports and queries that worked really slow just because of this problem: they were retrieving lots of data, as not group by function is used in the created sql. Data was aggregated at report level, so when draging and dropping objects it took so long to see the report.

Hope to help you.

casita (BOB member since 2007-05-29)

How to increase Array fetch parameter and what is the number to put?How to check the CPU usage and what would you recommend and binary size in web logic Properties?

would you explain me in details what i need to do ?I am new in BO

Thanks
Pooja

ktm :us: (BOB member since 2008-11-12)

Please, see this FAQ entry.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)