BusinessObjects Board

How to make prompt as Optional in Universe level

Hi,

I am cerating prompt Like a.DateActive BETWEEN @Prompt(‘Start date’,‘D’,) AND @Prompt(‘End date’,‘D’,) when ever i run the report it is asking for value , i want this value to be difault or when i cancil report should display all report values PLease help me out

Thanks
Swapna

C Swapna (BOB member since 2006-09-07)

Well you can’t have default values in BO , but when you publish the report then the values filled at the time of publishing becomes default values, i hope you understood me
Also what do you mean by cancel the report?

rgupta97 :us: (BOB member since 2005-11-18)

Often, when you publish a report – you purge it so that it takes less time to save and open, takes up less space in a repository, and so that possibly sensitive data isn’t shown on open.

In that case, you lose the prompts. So unless there’s something in version XI with which I’m unfamiliar, there’s no way to have default prompts in basic BusinessObjects. I believe folks have used the SDK to get around this, but I don’t think it’s a trivial task.

Your other question seems to be saying that you want to be able to ignore the prompts. Again, this is a feature lots of us would like, that is not possible. There is a workaround – see this Designer FAQ.

Finally, this is a Designer question, so moving this topic from “General Discussion” to the Semantic Layer forum, which is where Designer is discussed.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)