BusinessObjects Board

How to Logoff the SAP Tech Support Site

I think the log ins appear time and time again because its not taking your session across servers.
I would actually like them to solve this first, then, I actually think, a log out button could work, although, it took BO a while to get that one working with their software :mrgreen:.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Mitra, if you have activated SSO on the tech support, then you have a certificate installed in your browser. So, each time you go to the site, it logs you in automatically. If you delete the certificate from your browser, and close your browser, you will be logged out. If you have multiple certificates in your browser, look for the one with your S number on it, and delete it.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Hi Michael,

Hmmm, well, if Mitra has got SSO activated and I haven’t, why is she being asked to log in multiple times :? ?

That reminds me I haven’t written in your thread for a while, please accept, my humble, apologies :P.

Cheers,

Mark.

Michael,

I have not activated my SSO for the fact that I am a different client site seems almost on a weekly basis. So, no point activating it on their PCs. Besides, I wouldn’t be asked to enter my user id multiple times if I had. So . . .

So, I think Mak1 gets a free pass at your thread for this one :wink:

Mitra Moini (BOB member since 2002-09-01)

:cookie:
:mrgreen:

The SAP website is hilarious. I’m pretty sure that someone could create a career for themselves by just learning how to navigate it successfully and then helping others navigate it for a fee.

clarence (BOB member since 2005-11-18)

The lack of a logoff button was a nightmare for me when tech support first moved to sap.com, since they had assigned me seven different s-user IDs. Not so bad now :slight_smile:

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

After all these years, I still can’t find anything there. Well, if you ever figure it out, I’d be more than happy to pay you a fee to find what I am looking for. :wink: But hell if I pay SAP for the same service. Wait! I do pay SAP for this service!!! :shock:

Pitiful :nonod:

:blue:

Totally agree, sometimes, you have more luck searching just plain old google for SAP BO documentation.

Still, I make sure that I store almost everything, anyone want some version 4.5 manuals, used condition?

Would you believe I am on a project to migrate a client from 4.5 to XIR2?

:shock:

XIR2? Why such an old version?

Michael,

They are migrating from 4.5!!! Do you honestly think they are going to jump to 3.x? Besides, this is part of a much larger migration that has been going on for the last several years. They need to have all sites on one version before moving on to the next version.

Wow, that’s amazing. I’m doing a migration from 6.5 to XI 3.1, and I though that was old. 4.5 is from the late 90’s! :shock:

And that’s what we have this sticky topic for:

:mrgreen:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Thank Marek. I have actually gone through that but I still couldn’t find what I was looking for.

But I appreciate your help.

But it means that once you found what you were looking for you could let me know and I will update the sticky topic :mrgreen:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

So, I’m guessing, I may have a buyer for my manuals :twisted: .

Isn’t it against their copyright policy??
Try selling it and see yourself behind BARS in Berlin :evil:

nitin_gons :india: (BOB member since 2009-05-26)

Are you offering to bu me a drink? :cheers:

Its a bit late for that now…you see the Oktoberfest was in September this year… :?

nitin_gons :india: (BOB member since 2009-05-26)