BusinessObjects Board

How to list all the objects with physical tables and columns

Guys:
I know, somethign like this exist. Just can not find it and do not want to reinvent the wheel…

I am looking for a report/marco when placed in a report or directory, it should list all the objects uses ( logical names) with correspoinding table name and columns and also conditions…also with more than one data provider if ussed… Is it possible… Let me know guys pleasee… I need it badly and today itself…

gr8going :us: (BOB member since 2006-06-15)

Some combination of these two utilities should do the trick:

List objects used in a series of reports
Document a universe using Excel and the Designer SDK

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Dwayne,

The “List Objects Used” is for DeskI only. Do you by any chance has one for WebI and Crystal?

Also, when I ran the .rep file, I got the error message of “Visual Basic for Applications is not available, thus embedded macros will not run. Do you want to open the document anyway?” Why do you think VBA is not available? I know my computer has VBA because I used it before. And DeskI is running on my computer, not on the server. So this message cannot be referring to the server environment, is that correct?

Thanks.

substring :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-16)

I do not. Because WebI is totally server based, it would have to be an Enterprise SDK functionality. As far as Crystal, I believe there are a number of commercial packages that do that kind of “metadata” harvesting

Definitely a client issue, not server. Well, you can run Desktop Intelligence from the server, which actually might not be a bad test. When you start Desktop Intelligence, and have an open document, what happens when you press Alt-F11 (should start the VB Editor)?

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)