BusinessObjects Board

how to include Lotus Notes in preferences- in VBA Code

hi,
iam trying to implement a code I found in BOB. This code actually sends doc to users using Lotus notes on BCA. when i compile it, its not recognising the code. As i searched again, i found that i need to include a DLL for MAPI. So I went into, tools->preferences-> , But I coulnt find a library that is refenceing Lotus notes. I tried to get it using BROWSE> WIN32> MAPI.dll…but it is giving error.
Can you guys help me out with this problems please!
If i am not mistaken, whats the name that used in the LIBRARY for Lotusnotes?
thanks,
Ravi

ravi_prk (BOB member since 2004-09-03)

According to the code sample here on BOB, the reference is clearly labeled as Lotus Notes Library (or something similar, I’m sure). You do have Lotus Notes installed on your development machine, correct? It would need to be installed there and on your BCA Server(s) to be able to use it in both places.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Hello Dwayne,
I could not able to open ur link. I guess you are refering to

If it is the same, then I went through it. But I couldnt figure it out in my list of Libraries. And yes, the Lotus Notes is installed on my machine, and I believe on BCA server as well. I’ve no clue how to proceed in a different way. Can you please give me a detail, how to debug this?? thank you,
Ravi

I fixed the link … my apologies.

Just so you are clear, I do not and have not ever used Lotus Notes, so I’m not sure how the install portion works. With a proper installation, adding the reference is simple. In the Visual Basic Editor (VBE), select Tools, References, and find Lotus Notes in the list. You will then be able to use that object model from within your Business Objects project. Good luck.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

hi Dwayne, thanks …I will see if i can fix this, Let you know if I succeed