BusinessObjects Board

How to Implement a report after creating Repository ?

Hi Experts,

Have some confusions related to BODS…and it goes as follow

by far what i understood is We create a repository (repo.) from Repo. Manager (here i am extracting data from SQL)
we defined a job server to the repo.
Configured the repo. in CMC…

my doubts start from Data service Designer. Once this repository is completed, what comes next?? like i want to implement a report using this repository as my DS. How can i achieve it ?

is it possible to create a universe out of this repo. and than using that universe in web i or other tool to generate the report ?

if not, than how can i achieve my requirement ?

We have here BODS 4.0 SP3.

Please advise! :hb: :stupid: :roll_eyes: :expressionless:

umarnayab (BOB member since 2013-06-05)

Yes you can. You need reporting tools like Business Objects to create universe out of repo tables and generate reports. Reporting is not possible through DS. If you looking at basic reports like job run history etc, you could view it in the management console.

Arun.K :us: (BOB member since 2011-10-18)

Hi Arun,
Thanks for your reply!

I have BO available here…so in my case if i want to achieve a report from a repo. i’ll be needing to create a universe on top of the repository ? if yes, can you please provide me with some good document on above on how to create a universe from a repository. :slight_smile:

Regards.

umarnayab (BOB member since 2013-06-05)

Creating universe out of repo tables are tricky because many of the datas are encrypted or spread in different tables. You need to figure out first which tables and what data you need. I have seen a post some time back on this forum of a sample universe created out of repo tables. You could try searching here and see if you can find it.

Arun.K :us: (BOB member since 2011-10-18)

I have seen a post some time back on this forum of a sample universe created out of repo tables. You could try searching here and see if you can find it.

Dont’ waste you time :roll_eyes: , he already has that linked to here:-

https://bobj-board.org/t/224707

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Please do not cross-post. It leads to fragmented discussions and is against our forum rules.

This topic locked, please use the link provided in the previous post to continue the discussion.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)