BusinessObjects Board

How to Hide the prompts?

I have requirement where I need to hide the child prompts based on the selection in the parent prompt.

ex: An user can be prompted to select the following two choices:

1. Fiscal Year
  2. Calendar Year

If user selects Fiscal year, a child prompt should be displayed as ‘Enter the Fiscal Year’. Instead if user chooses Calendar, then i need to display the following two prompts.

1. Enter the Start Date
  2. Enter the End Date.

Is there anyway to dynamically change the prompt based on the previous prompt selection?

Thanks
—Selva

selvaips (BOB member since 2005-05-03)

I think you should read about cascading prompts from Designer FAQ

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Hi,

You can do that at the report level. Create 2 tables and hide the tables based on the user response.

:mrsbob:

eye_candy :us: (BOB member since 2005-03-18)

Just thought of checking with you all about the possiblity of using cutom LOV’s for the cacading prompts.

I do not have columns (for the fiscal and calendar year) from the tables. All I need is to create the custom LOV for both years and then applying the cascading.

Having said that can I still implement the cascading?

Thanks in advance.

selvaips (BOB member since 2005-05-03)

You cannot hide prompts… when you use the prompts in your query panel, all the prompts will appear to the user… there is no way to hide them.

If you have PERIOD_TYPE (W, M,Q,Y, FW,FM,FQ,FY) or something similar where you have some differentiation between Calander periods and Fiscal Periods, then yes you can implement them. But you have to take care of the prompt message string … as a constant . you should provide something like ‘Enter Year’.

Hope that helps

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)