BusinessObjects Board

How to get the who refrehs a report??

Hi BOBer’s,
Is it available in the repository tables to know wich user runs a BO report??
OBJ_M_DOCATVAR table contains some report metadata information like last refresh date and refresh duration … etc but it doesn’t contain ACTOR!!
I’m using BO5.1, repository on ORACLE 9i.

Mahmoud :egypt: (BOB member since 2005-03-22)

The only way to get that information is if your WebI server has auditing turned on, and your users all use Infoview or ZABO. It’s not in the repository.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Thanks Anita, as long as I don’t have neither WebI nor ZABO so I have to use the available information in the repository.
Thanks again :wink:

Mahmoud :egypt: (BOB member since 2005-03-22)

Then you don’t have the information, as it doesn’t exist in the repository.

There are 3rd party vendors who create add-ins for full-client auditing.

You can use a tool called Enterprise Manager from ebiexperts or infosol that will track your Full client activity, even for reports that are not present in the repos (personal docs).

whairnud :belgium: (BOB member since 2006-04-28)

Hi,

Have a look on this

It will explain you what repo tables stored. DOCATVAR stores information on each dataprovider, like you can see under FC BO.

Regards

Hi Anita,
Can you please tell, from where i can enable “Auditing” and where i can see it.

I am very new on BO 5.1.5

Kindly let me know

Regards,
Izhar

izhar :pakistan: (BOB member since 2007-07-11)

You turn on WebI 1.x/2.x/6.x legacy auditing via the WebI Adminstrator Console. [If your “full-client” users are ZABO, it will then capture their activity as well, since it’s three-tier rather than two-tier.]

As I recall, it defaults to logging to log files. Some folks load those log files into database files on their own. You should be able to find out information in one or more of the online manuals for your version.

Alternatively, you can configure the logging to go to the database – but people have sometimes reported that they had problems with the logging stopping when the database goes down and back up, if the WebI logging wasn’t likewise turned off and back on (or redirected to log to disk rather than database).

You should be able to review such past topics in the WebI and/or WebI Server forums.

Hi Anitha,
I am working in BO 5.1.2 version.Can I have log file giving me the information for report retrival time and how many users are using a report?

Thanks in advance!!

shruti83 (BOB member since 2008-05-23)

My name is not Anitha. :roll_eyes:

I don’t regularly run reports from the data from the logs, so I can’t give you lots of specifics, sorry. I do know that in version 5, it seemed like information was sometimes catch-as-catch-can. Perhaps someone who runs such reports a lot from the logs-into-the-database can give you more specific advice.

In the meantime, you could take a look at the “Report on WebI Audit information” from BOB’s Downloads, which I believe is specifically for 5.1.x.

oops sorry its Anita right? Thanks a lot for your responce… :slight_smile:

shruti83 (BOB member since 2008-05-23)