BusinessObjects Board

how to get tables included in a universe

Hi,

I am using BO XI. I wrote a java program using webi sdk in which I am able to connect the bo server and I can get list of all the universes and folders. But now I am not able to get the tables included into universe.

Code of program is

ISessionMgr sessionManager = CrystalEnterprise.getSessionMgr();
IEnterpriseSession session = sessionManager.logon(userName1,password1,cms,authontication );
IInfoStore iStore = (IInfoStore)session.getService(“InfoStore”);
String sQuery = "SELECT SI_ID, SI_NAME, SI_PARENTID FROM "+
" CI_APPOBJECTS WHERE "

• " SI_KIND=’" + CeKind.UNIVERSE
  • “’ ORDER BY SI_NAME ASC”;

IInfoObjects webiUniverses = (IInfoObjects) iStore.query(sQuery);

in this way i got all the universe but now i am not able to get the information about the tables.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

kuldeep

kuldeep.kumar (BOB member since 2006-04-20)

Please, do not cross-post.
You’ve already posted it here.

jerryf :fr: (BOB member since 2006-02-13)

In order to get the table used by an universe you’ll have to use Designer SDK.

jp.golay :switzerland: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

I haven’t delved much into the XI SDKs (yet), but I would not be surprised to find this “tables by universe” information missing. In v5 / v6 the universes were not stored as a blob, but rather all the specifics were stored in a series of tables. With that, it was possible to get to the “tables by universe” information, along with virtually everything else about a universe.

As Jean-Philippe suggested, you can use the Designer SDK to get this information. Actually, you will find a utility here that can provide that information and much more.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Duplicate post in the Web Intelligence forum removed. Please keep the discussion in this thread.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)