BusinessObjects Board

How to get rid of the time stamp in the date prompts?

Hi, All:

I know this is a simple question, but the time stamp keep showing up as long as you choose a start and end date from the calendar, we have this only since XI R2.

I checked the column (date object) in the database, there is no time stamp at all. As soon as I choose one date using the calendar, the time stamp shows up. Is there anyway we can get rid of it?

DB: DB2
BO XI R2

Thanks a lot.

Lilly

Lilly J (BOB member since 2002-08-22)

bump Anyone have any ideas?

nimbus (BOB member since 2007-12-13)

The default is to show date + time. The only way to get rid of the time is to convert the time to a character string. There have been plenty of discussions on this in the Universe Designer forum including this topic from the Designer FAQ. :slight_smile:

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Hi Lilly J,

The best way we have found to display the date without the timestamp is by creating the following formula in a variable:
=Left(UserResponse([Data Provider Name];“Prompt Text”);
Length(UserResponse([Data Provider Name];“Prompt Text”))-12)

The reason this works is because the time stamp (including spaces) is always 12 characters, whereas the length of the entire string can vary depending on whether the date has 2 digit month / day or 1 digit month / day.

It does require a change in the report, but it works and the user only sees the date when you place the variable in the report.

Thanks,

bdiss :us: (BOB member since 2007-12-05)