BusinessObjects Board

How to get overview BusinessObjects?

Iam a pl / sql,sql programmer. I have 3+ Yrs of Exp in these technologies, but i want to shape my career towards BUSINESS OBJECTS.

Can you please sujjest me which Certification preparation helps me to get over all idea of Business Objects?? and what are different levels to cross.

As iam related to Oracle and pl / sql PROGRAMMING which Certification is appropriate and which one can i learn from trianing institutes for quick reference.

Please Advice me a WAY…wait for u all . please reply at jaganmohan_sy@yahoo.com …waiting for your replys…

Thanx & Regards

JaganMohan

Moderator Note: Moving from BusinessObjects classic forum to General Discussion - Marek Chladny

jaganmohan_sy (BOB member since 2007-12-03)

Hi

You needs to train up in Business Objects and currently we have the version called XI R2. You can avail the training provided by Business Objects… For taking Certification on Business objects, we have 3 Levels.

For more information on certification, refer the below thread.

To Add, you can get all the documents related to BO from the below link.
http://support.businessobjects.com/documentation/product_guides/default.asp

Regards

Siva.M

looksmee :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

Helo Siva,Thanx a lot for the reply and the information. But i need proper guidence, like, as a pl/sql programmer, i have been coding all the way, i want to have BO as a front end tool and reporting tool too.

I have refered the BO site given, it has given many papaers to write. What exactly will lead to Business objects Certification and what path will be more appropriate?? please sujjest....Waiting for you reply.

Regards

Jagan

When i saw the BO site it was showing many more like crystal reports , some windows relates stuff, with heading like, for Adminstrators etc…i need to know what way is good for having BO. please help

Hi

Your final goal should take the certification from business objects?

Regards

Siva.M

Yes…exactly…but in the path which will enhance my career prospects

Hi

We dont have any specific document for Certification perspective. We have couple of modules in Business Objects Like Admininstation, Report development and Universe Design etc. The certification will cover all these areas and it having three levels.

For getting the document related to BOXIR2, download all the documents related to it.

To get more information, click the link…

Regards

Siva.M

Erm, the certification that BO offer is not an academic qualification that certifies your capacity with the tool but rather certifies that you have a minimum of knowledge necessary to perform BO administrative tasks and create reports. I think that the orientation is more toward someone who needs practical knowledge about the tool in a working environment. ie. someone who currently works or has worked with BO or Crystal.

I am not sure what the competitivity is like in your neck of the woods but I recommend that you (for someone with your abilities) get more involved with datawarehousing instead, as opposed to paying for an examination which you would have very little idea about.

Decisys :de: (BOB member since 2004-05-21)

Thank you, i welcome your advice. Actually, for me who is in BACK END, like oracle,pl/sql, a reporting tool is very much necessary. Hence i want to learn and have a reporting tool certification. ofcourse, FORMS & REPORTS are there, i have fair idea but CRYSTAL REPORTS is most wanted and even more better than those in many fronts.

As you said, iam already working towards datawarehousing tools like, informatica,cognos etc...but, along with it many trianing institutes offer BO too. ofcourse i agree that quality might be poor, but they provide the intial move and give over all idea about whats what. 

Iam planing like, down the line, i would learn BO , get some idea and then in the mean while get appropriate information on certification and go for it. Ofcourse its a long process but, a person like me who is still in learning phase of career. i want to work hard to get into these technologies and give a nice shape to my career upfront.

Here , i have revealed my plan , now its open book to you write your opinion and guide me sucess.

I welcome your sujjestions ,advice & Critisism …