BusinessObjects Board

How to get file size of Webi Scheduled Instances

Does anyone know if the sizes of all existing report instances can be computed? Query Builder? Audit Reporting?

Thank you.

tmcd :us: (BOB member since 2005-10-02)

I didn’t see a good way to get that from an audit / repository universe - maybe I missed it.

It would be a mix of SDK and the query manager, I think… You could get them all via query manager, then get the location and name - you’d need to hit the file server with the filesystemobject class…

I did a quick query of ci_infoobjects, looking for a report I knew by name, and I found this -

From there, I’m sure I could get the size - the hard part would just be putting all the pieces together. How sharp do you feel? : )

Good luck!
B

bdouglas :switzerland: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Thanks bdouglas.

You should also see an “SI_VALUEx” property, which is the file size (x is a number that is associated with the SI_FILEx property).

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Joe (again!) is right - I didn’t recognize it as a size, because the first couple I saw all had the same value (probably copies of the same report).

SI_FILES SI_FILE1 ~ce50859e9eb792411e.wid 
SI_PATH frs://Input/a_135/007/000/1927/ 
SI_VALUE1 388096   
SI_NUM_FILES 1 

Explorer shows 379K for that file, I’ll call that close enough.

Thanks!
B

bdouglas :switzerland: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Yeah, it’s not as obvious as it should be!

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

I think one of the Excel documentation files that can be downloaded from BOB Downloads will give you this information as well. It may be set up originally to just pull in the reports themselves but you may be able to modify the VBA a little to pull instances in either in addition to the reports or just to pull instances.

If you’re lazy like me :smiley: you can download this nifty utility from https://bobj-board.org/t/143071

jwaterbury :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-21)

Thank you! Unfortunately, I don’t have time to develop tools like this. This is a life saver! Thank you .