BusinessObjects Board

How to find the list of Current BO licenses.

Tricky stuff … I mean license compliance is not only listing users and their rights!

Eh, that’s not from an XI system…

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Only your company (IT organization) will and should know how many Deski installations are around…

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Run a report on Activity Universe (Audit) to see the peak usage of the application/login against the each application. which gives you an idea that how many licesenses are being used. And you find the total no. of licenses from the CMC --> License Keys–> then select the each key to get the total licenses you bought from the vendor.

Hope this helps…

vijaykollu :us: (BOB member since 2003-05-08)

Hi
Thanks for your reply…
i have one guide which had provide by our client. in this guide mentioned first we should run the java runtime environemt.
that i did… after running the java runtime envionment…its show one repository view… when i click on reporisotry view it was asking login details… that i dont now… :hb: :?

My question is How to connect the repository … plz guide me asap…
its very urgent… :oops:
is there any way to find out this license measurent using Query builder.

div85 (BOB member since 2012-01-27)

Moderator note:
If it is so urgent, please contact the person who administrates the system or contact SAP tech support.
Please help keep BOB friendly! Review this topic for some suggestions, thanks.

Attending a training course might also be in order :wink:

Your client should provide you the credential to be able to login their BO environment…

There is no way to get the licences info using the query builder.

yes. i am the admin person…

my client needs license measurement.

i mean: webintelligence (count)
DeskI(count)

Again: Deski connects in 2-tier mode, you likely will not be able to measure this directly from the CMC…

Regarding licensing, just count the users you have in the CMC?..?

The screenshot you attached is from an e6 (maybe even v5) system, not XI. Are you sure you know which system you’re working with?

Not sure what you are trying to do… (I know ur trying to get the license count) As Andreas said, there is no way you can find (DeskI) desktop install count without counting physical count… or relaseing another Client Tool MSI package and then count the number of installs of that patch… that way you can get the DeskI number… rest should be simple…

Hi, posting your phone number on a public discussion board is probably not a good idea, and we generally remove same from posts. Thanks for understanding.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Hi All

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

finally i got the solution :smiley:

Regards
Divya

Why don’t you share the solution with us…?

Dear Andreas/Vijay/Sebastian,

Can anybody provide me few insights on my requirement to see the number of licenses I have for BO 6.5 environment? This is for my client, since SAP has stopped providing support for 6.5, I do not have any other option to calculate the number of licenses client has. Just like Divya said, I want the count.

Awaiting your response.

Thank you,
Chaitanya

chaitanyabhure :india: (BOB member since 2011-01-12)

You should have an XML file that contains the license keys. The XML is human-readable – it should say how many users you’re licensed for.

Joe

Your client should know how many licenses he/she purchased. The client will have to look in their contract.

Hi all,
I’m moving into BO4.0 and would like to know if there is a tool for user-license tracking.

Wonder if the new Monitoring feature in BO4.0 can do that. Btw, I’m not sure the difference of the role-based licensing (BI Analyst vs BI Viewer).

Any advice? Thanks.

ccool2000 :malaysia: (BOB member since 2008-12-09)

Have a look to the BOLMT tool. Make a search on that within the official admin guide …

Cool! Thanks, Sebastien :slight_smile:

ccool2000 :malaysia: (BOB member since 2008-12-09)