BusinessObjects Board

How to find the class the object is coming from?

In our universe we have many classes containing objects/conditions having same name across. Is there any simple way of finding out where the objects are coming from?

Of course we can analyze the SQL and find out, but this question is from one of end users.

Example: in SELECT panel we have [PRODUCT TYPE] which can come from 4 classes.

Thanks

Prashant

Prashant Bharti :us: (BOB member since 2004-03-03)

Perhaps you can rename those objects to show the classes they are coming from for the users understanding.
eg. Ship_Product_type
Sale_Product_type

Also, in the description of the object(in the universe) write the class name, so when the user selects the object he can see the description also.

Don840 (BOB member since 2005-03-14)

This is the technique we use. We put the class name - object name as the first part of the description. In the query panel, there is a description panel at the bottom of the screen (turned on by one of the icons at top left).

As far as populating the description field with the information, that was the original purpose I had when writing this utility … Mass update to object names / descriptions

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Thanks Dwayne, Ommoll,

I am going to follow that as a general practice. For deski I found one more way (however not too precise). If in Query Panel, you click on Scope of Analysis button, it shows the selected objects within the classes.

Thanks

Prashant

Prashant Bharti :us: (BOB member since 2004-03-03)