BusinessObjects Board

How to filter Same Measure values with just the sign difference Ex: 20 and (-20)

Hello,

I have a requirement, where I have a bunch of dimensions and a measure in a block, I want to look for measure values within a specific dimension and look for a different measure value which has the exact opposite sign.

Ex:
dim 1 | Measure | dim 2
111 | 20 | A
222 | 30 | B
111 | -20 | B
444 | 80 | A
111 | 20 | A

if the report looks something like the above then I just want to filter out row no: 1 and 3 as the measure value is exactly the same but the sign is negative (-20) for row number 3.

Is there a way to do this with BO 4.2 ?

thanks in advance.

Regards,
Duke

what about row no 5 ?
this is also the opposite of row 3 !

1 Like

Hello @N8AKTIV Thanks for your reply, right so I am looking for opposite signed values which have different dim2 values.
Sorry I should have mentioned this, dim 2 will only have two distinct values and negative value will always be associated with ‘B’ in dim2 and a positive with ‘A’ in Dim2.

So to answer your question yes row no. 5 would also be something that I would want as BO would not be able to differentiate it from row. 1. So yes the output I am looking to achieve in the above example is row. no. 1 , 3 and 5 should be filtered.

But generally I am looking to filter out rows within Dim1 values (same value ‘111’) values which have opposite signed measure associated with them and have different dim2 values.

Thank you in advance.

hello guys,

Any luck ? Thanks.