BusinessObjects Board

How to export BO 6.5 Universe to XML or UDML format

Hi All,

I just wanted to check if anybody can help me in exporting BusinessObjects 6.5 Universe to XML or UDML format… your help is much appreciated and will make my life easy … :slight_smile:

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Pavan

sharpan :india: (BOB member since 2010-04-29)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

What is XML and/or UDML format of a BO universe for?

You can save a universe into a PDF format. You can use Designer SDK to export universe information into XLS format. However, I have not heard about exporting universe data into XML format. Maybe it’s useful for something, I just have not met such requirement yet.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Respected Moderator,

First of All I would like to thank you for a warm welcome…

Universal Database Markup Language (UDML) I am sure you are aware about it though you did not use it…

I was wondering if BO 6.5 universe information could be exported to either XML or UDML format, I agree with you using designer sdk we can export universe information into XLS format,but as BO uses snowflake schema it would not help much as we need to use exported data in star schema and that we could possible do it using XML or UDML format.

is there any way we could query the repository of BO 6.5 ?

Regards

Pavan

sharpan :india: (BOB member since 2010-04-29)

Yes, it’s possible to query a repository of BO 6.5.

There is no repository reference for BO 6.5 though on this board. What can help to some extent is the BO 5.1.x repository reference:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)