BusinessObjects Board

how to erase the default message?

i has create a query in one document for producing a report in BO. Some of the time when i refresh the select data of CUSTOMER ID from prompt condition been create in query panel, if that are no data been store for the customer table, BO will prompt out the default message as :

message box:
Fetching data…
Profit and Loss : No data to fetch
(query name)

How can i erase of the message from message box??

Thank you for help!!

onnonn (BOB member since 2003-11-03)

One option:
Make sure your data provider always returns at least one result record. You could create a UNION query to fetch at least one record. You will have to filter out this “dummy” record within your report though.

Also, take a look at this thread: No data to fetch
which I found doing a simple SEARCH on Bob :mrgreen:

Or look at the FAQ: Reporter section, where Cindy posted the possible answers (again I found this entry via Search is Your Friend at BOB).

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Hi,

Yes, some of the condition are not able to match the data from different query. But i don’t want to “No data been fetch” message prompt out when i refresh the data.

i get to find one command from the search as been provided, but i don’t know where i need to place this command if i don’t want the message appear in document when user refresh the data.

sameple command as i get in the search:

dim appint as BOApplication
set appint = Application
appint.Interactive = FALSE

note : where can i place this command? or any other methods if i don’t want the message been prompt?

Thank you

onnonn (BOB member since 2003-11-03)

Again it is all here:
Look at the FAQ: Reporter section, where Cindy posted the possible answers and explained how to use a VBA macro…

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)