BusinessObjects Board

how to eliminate time from calendar

hi experts

in infoview, one of my report has a calendar prompt when i select a date from calendar it is also displays the time ( so date along with time) how to eliminate the time value from the calendar.

i mean when a user selects a date from calendar only the date has to be display in the calendar excludes time

once agian its not in the list pf values its in the calendar

please help me

thanks in advance

dhani

dhani (BOB member since 2007-05-21)

Hi, please do not post the same question in more than one forum. I know I suggested that earlier :wink: but this is a different case. There is no SDK solution for this, unless you want to rewrite the entire prompt engine. Your other question about defaulting the current date is a different issue. Removing the time from a date is a request that has been made many times.

You have another topic here that should probably be used instead. Thanks.

[Edit] Re-opened at posterā€™s request. This topic is related only to the date values provided by the calendar and not by a list of values display. [/Edit]

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Thank you very much Dave

Can any one tell me how to eliminate time part in the calendar .

please

Thansk in Advance
dhani

can any one please

its really needed please

DHANI

I believe you are going to have to write your own prompt handler and your own calendar code.

thanks for your input dave

but what i am expecting i may change few lines of code to remove the time stamp from calendar (like disabling delete button in infoview) going to objectslist.jsp under infoview/main folder).

but as u said creating new calendar means its huge

so can any one please let me actually where the calendar code exists in the business objects i mean path & file name please

Or any other ideans except create calendar from scratch

Regards
dhani.

can any one please its badly needed

please

please

dhani

hello all can anyone atleast tell me where is the jsp file regarding to the calendar (in webi) . please

regards
dhani

any possible ways pleaseā€¦

Thanks in advance

dhani

Is this a Deski report or a Webi report?

Also - what specific version of BO are you using (including service packs and patches)?

I vaguely recall that this is a bug.

Dani, on another note: Please donā€™t do these daily ā€œPLEASE!!ā€ additions. People will help if they can, but we all have our own, sometimes urgent, jobs to fulfill.

thanks.

dnewton :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-30)

Hi newton
thanks for your information on please,

this requirement is in webi in the calender it self.

i did in deski by changing the format in the select clause

it also appears in the webi when u select lov.

but the problem is with calender suppose in the calendar if u select any date it displays that selected date along with time. i dont want the time.

i am working on BOXI R2, in webi calendar it self has to be change not with Lovā€™s.

help me regards where can i found calendar code in any java files that i can change.
regards
dhani

You did not answer: what specific version of BO are you using (including service packs and patches)?

As I said, I think this may have been a bug with Infoview that was corrected. Have you applied all of the service patches and fixes to the BO server?

hi newton
Thanks for your reply. we are using
BOXI SP1 we applied MHF1 in production server. just sp1 in development server. same in testing also. but all of them are showing date with time also.

do i need to apply any CHF or MHF or SERVICE PACK itself.

Regards
dhani

I guess I donā€™t understand the problem. When I pick a date from InfoView (whether itā€™s a Deski or Webi report), it returns 12:00:00 (midnight) along with the date component. But that is standard behavior. It is not returning some non-midnight time like 03:45:20.

See screenshot.

I believe weā€™re on XI SP1 up to MHF15 or MHF16.
deski.JPG

THe problem as it appears to me from reading dhaniā€™s posts over the past month or so, is that for this specific client it seems that having the time present after picking from the calendar is a HUGE issue. :wink: It may be that something was promised as far as a specification, and now there is the challenge to deliver on that promise.

Frankly, a 30 minute conversation / demo with the client could make the entire issue go away. Just tell them ā€œthatā€™s the way it worksā€. The cost to fix it is huge, the benefit is barely measurable. Thatā€™s just my opinion, but Iā€™m sticking to it.

hi newton
in webi i have a report, it contains calendar(date prompt), i have to selet a date from calendar, when i select date(for example 25 july 2007) from calendar it displays as 7/25/2007 12:00:00 AM i donā€™t want to display the time just date is enough (as 7/25/2007). that is the user request. so what i thought here is i may have to change the code of calendar(in java). could you help me in regards with this
Hope you got my point,
Thank you
dhani

Please answer this question for me:

Does having the 12:00:00 actually affect the results? Does the database not handle it properly, or do you not get the query you want?

As others have posted: You should push-back on your customer about this requirement. The display of the midnight should have no impact on the reporting, and, youā€™ll have to do something like modify BO itself to avoid it. Given that modifying BO will result in tens of thousands of dollars of expense to your customer (over the life of their deployment), it just doesnā€™t make business sense. Impress your customer by demonstrating the business value of ā€œleaving it aloneā€.

I do not have the technical answer you are looking for. You should avoid modifying BO itself, wherever possible.

i donā€™t have any problem with outcome of report. either backend or report result. but my end user donā€™t wants the time next to date. we already told them its not possible in a short time. but ā€œjust to see weather we can do it or not!ā€ in any simple ways?
[b]anyways thank you dnewton for your patience & speed response

Thank you to Dave also[/b]Regards

We are migrating from 6.5 to XIR3, and we are being told by the SAP Product Group that they are not considering the date format in XI as an issue that needs to be addressed. However, having the new environment include the time in the date prompts is not acceptable for our prompted reports.

I will grant that that the users could override the prompts in Deski reports run via InfoView, and remove the time part of the date, in order to make the reports run properly; however, the users donā€™t have to do that today (in 6.5) and cannot be expected to remember to do so in the new environment (XI). And, that override canā€™t be done when using a Webi as input for Live Office.

Also, our reports are not designed to accept that date format, only truncated dates. All the report level variables would have to be manually updated. Truncated dates are required for proper performance of queries on our database, which is a common, so I donā€™t see why they donā€™t understand the issue.

Also, even if the date is truncated, the visual display of the time with the date will confuse the users into thinking that they requesting one date range, when they are actually requesting another. Logically, if you see 03/01/2008 12:00:00 AM through 03/02/2008 12:00:00 AM, you would expect to get data for March 1st, not both March 1st and March 2nd.

Basically, they are asking us to recode our reports and/or educate every user we have to change their process, in order to eliminate an issue that is a product defect (in my opinion). You could call it a lack of backwards capability. We do not consider that an acceptable response and are pushing back. I would hope that others out there would also try to push back too.

hutfills (BOB member since 2008-12-02)