BusinessObjects Board

'How to' document question

I am in need of documenting the structure of a report. When I go into the report, I can go to ‘view’ then ‘Structure’ and that is what I want to copy to a file.
How do I get that structure to export/screenprint to a MS-Word (or otherwise) format so I can begin with my requirements? Using the actual ‘screen print’ button and pasting to a MS Word doc is not quite what I am looking for 9the report is pretty large and not all on one screen).
tf

thomas.fuller@ge.com (BOB member since 2009-02-13)

Go to Edit mode, take a screen shot of the objects being used in the report, and a screenshot of the report layout. That should be enough documentation for the report. A report developer can replicate that report based on these screenshots if needed.

substring :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-16)

Hi

Its good to follow the above, to add few word to get more clarity on your screenshot, take the printscreen and copy it in the paint and then take the exact screen you required and keep it word.

This will give you more clarity.

Regards
Siva.M

looksmee :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

And if you’re looking for an automated way to document set of reports then look into the downloads section for a utility List objects in a report

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Another way, assuming you are working in XI, would be to purge your data, save your report as Excel (which keeps the structure of the report), and embed that into your Word document. That way you should have all your headings, formatting, etc.

Hope this helps,

Mitra

Mitra Moini (BOB member since 2002-09-01)