BusinessObjects Board

How to create prompt "ALL'

I have a Country i need to create a prompt with Listvalues including ‘ALL’ suppose user selects ‘ALL’ it has to chose all country’s

m_vontikommu (BOB member since 2006-01-25)

Hi,

the very first topic in Designer’s FAQ is solving this problem.

Please do a search in BOB and read sticky posts before you post the question.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

By using Isolands Resorts Marketing universe that is the universe come with BO software.
I have created prompt Name CountryPrompt

Select City.city

where Country.country IN @Prompt (‘Select Resort’,‘A’,‘Resort\Country’,'multi,free) or ‘ALL’ IN @Prompt (‘Select Resort’,‘A’,‘Resort\Country’,'multi,free) its successful but when I open the BO and when try to use that prompt is showing only Coutries in LOV’s but there is no “ALL” option.I dont know what am I doing wrong.

Please have a look at this Designer’s FAQ.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

I got that syntax from Designer FAQ’s only.I have followed same steps but still ‘ALL’ option is not showing in LOV’s.

ALL doesn’t show in the List of Values query results because you didn’t do something to put it there. What you’ve encoded is a way to accept “ALL” as a result of the prompt.

You have a couple of options.

1.) You can modify the LOV query to include a UNION with the word “ALL” (I won’t get specific, I haven’t done this for myself).
or
2.) (My preferred option) – just put the “ALL” as an option into the prompt text, and teach your users to type the letters ALL.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)