BusinessObjects Board

How to create a vertical line on a BO chart. (Line Chart)

:confused: Hi,

I am creating a line chart report in BO 5.1 for a customer. In this report they want to be able to do drill downs from the chart. I have that part straight. But what they also want to see on the main chart is two vertical lines that would show as a marking area for when testing were done on this line chart. Note that the report has multiple data from different sites which the chart is sorted by. They also want to shade this area in a light color. Has anyone created a report like this before? 1. Would I have to create a new table or column to the actual report, or will I have to create a variable/formula and Pivot the variable on the chart. Thank you in advance for all of the feed back provided.

Trice

echardsap (BOB member since 2004-03-17)

does this help - from BOB downloads?

cabby (BOB member since 2003-05-13)

I did this for a report and it might help you.

I had a requirement to show a “Reference Date” on a bar graph. In order to do this I created a variable based on this date (in my case the user input the date in a prompt)

=IF = Then 10000000

I also created one for the negative:

=IF = Then -10000000

Next, I created the graph with the three measures (my original values and the two new reference objects). I played with the offset to make all of the bars be on top of each other. I think the order of insertion is important to make sure the real values bars stay on top. I colored the two reference bars to 25% Gray.

Since the values are outside of the Y-axis range (you may have to specify the Y-axis range manually) the gray bars extend up and down past the value bars, identifying the reference month. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe this would work for you using a line chart by creating wide gray bars with no borders and no space between?

(If you would like to see a screenshot of the graphs, I can e-mail to you. Or, can I post an image on BOB?)

Hope this helps!

Chris

cfachris :us: (BOB member since 2003-09-03)