BusinessObjects Board

How to create a documentation for all reports?

:oops:
:hb:

Hello all,

I need to create a documentation for all reports in Repository - created with Web Intelligence XI.

My question is in Designer I can create documentation for Universe, but for Report I don’t know can I and if I can how?

Please help
Regards
Elica

elica.and :bulgaria: (BOB member since 2006-04-02)

Hi and welcome to B :mrgreen: B

It’s not possible for documents (under release 6 also).

What type of documents did you manage ? .wid ?

Regards

Thank you so much for reply :slight_smile:

I need a document with Report Name, SQL, Tables/Classes, Fields/Objects

Hi,

Have a look to this post

Regards

Hi,

If you need SQL also, Change Dwayne’s macro.
Then add this line Code:

dpMyDataProvider.SQL

Hope this will help you

Regards

Yes, thank you so much I try
But I think that, this doesn’t work because all my reports are created with Web Intelligence and I haven’t .rep files

Hi,

Yes indeed this can’t work with .wid files.
Under previous release you can transform .wid file to .rep by opening them under dski ! I don’t know if this works under Xi.

Note that there are some softs that can create documentation upon all your reports.

Regards

Do you know of a software that will document XI release 1 WebIntelligence reports?

Farhan Jaffery :us: (BOB member since 2005-08-27)

There is no readily available software for doing this. However using Rebean Java Webi SDK, I was able to do it. But my scenario was very huge so I had to use it to extract the required fields and create tables in a database and feed them. I am generating reports out of it by creating a universe out of it. I am able to get everything including the report properties like : objects used in the report, creation time, last modification time, owner, last saved by, refresh on open, universe and all the other stuff. If you are familiar with java, it really is not a big deal. I was not so familiar so it took me 2 months to figureout how to do it. The documentation and the sample jsp programs are available for download in the business objects website. They provide a really good start.

PJ

pj820 (BOB member since 2005-10-07)