BusinessObjects Board

How to change the owner of an object in XI-R2 ?

Hi, does anybody know how to change the owner of an object in XI-R2 ?

This is usefull if an employee leaves the company and a colleague wants to take over the ownership of documents and scheduled instances ?

Many thanks.

eocula (BOB member since 2005-04-01)

Hi

For changing the Owner of the Documents, have a look on the link, will tell you how to do…

Regards

Siva.M

looksmee :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

Hi, thanks for this answer but I saw that topic already. But it does not bring me further.

I don’t know exactly where I need to use "File–>Properties–>Author. ". But if I do this in the Filestore, then I see that the author of these files (as in (example) “\\Filestore\input\a_021\012\024\1575957\cdzed850470ad1dc3d3.wid” , is the service-account by which the XI-R2 services are running.

I hoped that something can be done in CMC but I cannot find it there. Any further suggestions ?

eocula (BOB member since 2005-04-01)

Import it and export it back to the repository. The owner will be the one whose account you use for export.

zack :us: (BOB member since 2007-08-02)

You cannot change that in CMC. CMC is merely an administration tool and is not designed for hacking the system.

As stated in the discussion thread provided above, you can do a Save As to change the report name and the ownership. Delete the old report and then rename the new report back to the old name. Now, you can schedule to your heart’s content.

substring :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-16)