BusinessObjects Board

How to automate the process of scheduling reports?

Hi, All:

I have a group of reports, they are more or less the same, but just different sorting based on the user requests. For example, I have one report, but the pdf file users want should be saved as by each Lender, for each sorting. If I don’t have a marco, then I need to save one report for each Lender (three sorts for each Lender), and save as different .rep file first, then send to BCA. If I do schedule the reports manually, there will be more than 20 of them.

What is the best method to achieve this? By creating a macro? I really appreciate it if anyone could throw light on it.

Thanks a lot.

Lilly

Lilly J (BOB member since 2002-08-22)

Is the data specific/confidential to each lender?

If not, couldn’t you have 3 tabs in the report - one for each sort order?

Paul Williams :uk: (BOB member since 2002-07-10)

HI, Paul:

I can have 3 tabs, but if the three reports in the document to be saved as three separated pdf file, then I need a macro to do it at one time. Right?

Thanks a lot.

Lilly

Lily,
There was a addin written by a forum user and it will do what you want.Save one pdf for each tab. You will be required to modify the macro to use it in BCA.
Search for ‘Convert pdf’ and you will find the code here.

-Durgesh

dcdas :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

If you have a copy of Adobe Distiller, or whatever the product that lets you print out to a PDF file it called, then you could also use that to export individual tabs.

Paul Williams :uk: (BOB member since 2002-07-10)

Lilly, did you ever fin the module “‘Convert pdf’” and apply it to BCA. In addition, did it work? We have the same issue with having to save all reports in PDF format.

casper_anderson8 (BOB member since 2002-11-27)

Check this out. Document Converter

I will follow up in a while. I am testing my reports – Convert into pdf and then send by email.

Thanks.

Lilly

David:

You can check this topic as well – “Save as pdf and send it through Outlook as an Attachment” in BOB.

others are helpin to solve the problem at the root…

if u r bak at square 1, i have a VBA code that can batch schedule reports to BCA…

however u can’t code for “Save as …” file options… basic stuff like send to Repository, Users, Server file system are all possible…

mail me if u r interested, i will send u the .rep file with the code…
it has got some forms n modules…

prasad :india: (BOB member since 2002-08-19)

I read the pdf with the script, but its functionality isn’t quite what I was looking for - but very close. Can this be done through BCA? And if so, what must I change in the code to make it so? I don’t know VBA but could find someone to assist…

Many thanks for your assistance :slight_smile:
kendyami@yahoo.com

Kendy (BOB member since 2003-08-27)

Hi,

Got an issue where I need to submit a report to BCA but with different prompts values and preferably save it with the value of prompt added to the existing report name.

So 1 report submitted multiple times. The prompt value can be read in froma txt file if posiible. Is such a thing possible? :confused:

Any code out there to start me off?

Please assist. Thank you.

Use BO 5.1.7 and BCA.

rgds,
PK

PK (BOB member since 2004-01-15)