BusinessObjects Board

How to assign Privileges to users to access AF

HI,

I Have installed AF first time.now the problem is how to assign prevelages to users to access AF.When i checked in the supervisor it didn’t show any thing for Application foundation in configuration tab.Please tell me how to assign previlages?
thanks in Advance

sreeraja (BOB member since 2004-07-21)

You need to install the Application Foundation security extension. After you do that, you’ll have the SupervsrDll.dll in the bin directory and the AppsSecurity.exe tool in the Application Foundation\Tools directory.

With the SupervsrDll.dll in place, you’ll see the Application Foundation command restriction group in Supervisor. You use the AppsSecurity tool to create custom tags that can be used to restrict access to custom pages you create on a dashboard.

alvesb (BOB member since 2004-11-01)

Hi Alvesb. I am having the same issue as sreeraja. I see the SupervsrDLL.dll in the bin directory, and the AppsSecurity.exe tool in the Application Foundation\Tools directory.

What am I supposed to do? These are installed on the server-side. Should these be installed on the client side?

I’ve restated the server since installing APP Foundation (6.1b on Windows), but my supervisor does not see APP FOundation. Am I missing something? :confused:

lcp :ukraine: (BOB member since 2004-06-10)

I found some instructions for fixing this problem , but they are for AF302 - I followed them, but could not find the CISEDLL key to edit.

I copied the supervsrdll.dll from the directory where AF Tools was installed (c:\program files\business objects\businessobjects enterprise6\application foundation\Tools), into c:\program files\business objects\businessobjects enterprice6\bin. I clicked on the AppsSecurity.exe (in the install directory), and got an error. BUT, when I went into supervisor, I was able to see Application Foundation, and set permissions for each user.

Did I do this correctly? What is Apps Security supposed to do for me?

A second issue … in supervisor, I see an entry for Appplication Foundation, and one that is blank (no name). Did this generate in error? Is there supposed to be a profile for some other application?

Sorry for all the questions - I’ve searched the postings, and don’t seem to find any information related to AF 6.1

also checkout this posting

Chris Pohl :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

This is the posting I referenced to get AF to appear in Supervisor. I don’t have confidence that moving the dll from one directory to another has ‘cleanly’ resolved the issue.

Also what’s puzzling is I have an entry in Supervisor with no name, and the word ‘Profile’ is next to it. Could this be because I was trying many things to resolve seeing AF in supervisor.

Very confusing … none of this was in the AF documentation.

Larisa

you can also install and run supervisor on the server

Chris Pohl :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)