BusinessObjects Board

how I can see the repository BO XI R2 on file system ?

Hi all,
I’d like to know the content of the repository BOXIR2 on file system for universes, classes and objects,because I have the necessity to map all the content.
In BO 518 this activity it came resolved with REPOS_O.unv .
Did you know if exists some tools or applications?
Please help me. :hb: :hb:

hammer :it: (BOB member since 2007-08-16)

Simply not possible. Universes are stored as binary objects on the filesystem in XI, not as normalized database tables like in v5 / v6.

The only way to get to that information is to open the binary file, which is currently only possible with Designer itself. You might find this utility useful in that effort … Document a universe using Excel and the Designer SDK.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

So what exactly are you trying to accomplish, please?
Usually for a migration from 5.x/6.x to XI I would see no need to directly access the XI repository

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Thanks like always.
It works good !!!
…you perceive to me when you come to Rome … you have a paid supper :smiley: :smiley:
Great Dwayne

Think we might find a good place for Italian food? :rotf: Glad you found the utility useful.

Don’t worry in Rome you always found a good place to eat good food :yesnod: :wink:
In the same way you have some utility in order to document one user for one group?
I’d like to know if is possible have a document where if one user belongs more groups I found more rows with the same user but different group.
I hope to have explained in the correct way my problem.
thanks a lot.
Bye

Maybe this utility? ==> BOXI UserList & Group Extraction