BusinessObjects Board

How do you prevent the pop up info boxes on full fc reports

Hi,

Imagine the senerio, we have a full client report up on a large screen. (Looks a bit like a dashboard)

And you know that Business Objects will tell you in a pop up box - ‘no data to fetch’ for a certain data provider, when there is no data.

Well this becomes annoying when you are leaving the report to refresh by itself every 5 mins. It means you have to manually keep pressing the enter button for the rest of the report to load on the page.

There is probably a bit of vb script you can write to overcome this, any ideas anyone. (please bear in mind that i’m not a coder).

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Pea.

:blue: :mrgreen: :crazy_face:

gvtdesign (BOB member since 2005-06-07)

[Moderator Note: Moving to SDK - MichaelWelter]

Yes, this can be done with VBA. You will need to write a single line in two different events. In the Before_Refresh() event, add the following:

application.interactive = false

Then, in the After_Refresh() event, turn it back on:

application.interactive = true

Disclaimer: I’m fairly certain that the syntax is correct, but if it doesn’t work, search this forum for “interactive”, and you’ll find the correct syntax. :?

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Thanks ever so much. Is there any chance of letting me know the actual code.

Including any END statements etc.

You know, exactly how you would write it in the VB script window.

Regards
Pea

With your document open in Busobj, go to Tools - Macro - Visual Basic Editor. In the project window (Top left), expand the project that has your document name, until you see “This Document”. Double click on that. A workspace will open on the right.

At the top of that workspace, you will see two drop down menus. In the first one, select “Document”. Then, in the second one, select “BeforeRefresh”. In between the “Private Sub” and “End Sub” statements, add “ActiveDocument.Application.Interactive = False”. It should now look like this:

Private Sub Document_BeforeRefresh(Cancel As Boolean)
    ActiveDocument.Application.Interactive = False
End Sub

Then add “ActiveDocument.Application.Interactive = True” to the AfterRefresh event. Save, and close the window.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

There are more options than just VBA. Oddly enough, they’re covered in the Business Objects Reporter FAQ. :smiley:

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Brilliant, this works a treat !!! Thanks ever so much.

Regards
Pea.

Forgot to add, this is the code I used:

Private Sub Document_BeforeRefresh(Cancel As Boolean)
Application.Interactive = False
End Sub

Private Sub Document_AfterRefresh()
Application.Interactive = True
End Sub