BusinessObjects Board

How do i recover the general supervisor id password?

General supervisor has been locked after attempting thrice to login.
Thers is no backup of gensup.Can anyone suggest me how we can recover the password or login using gensup

Appreciate your response.

vamsi krishna (BOB member since 2005-11-18)

Hi,

Although it is not supported by BO and may possibly void your valid BO support, you can set the password (column M_ACTOR_C_PASSWORD) of GS account in the BO repository table OBJ_M_ACTOR to null. Then login into Supervisor with GS account and with no password.

If you are not sure what you will be doing (update of the data in BO repo table) then it is better to do a backup of your BO repository.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hi,

Don’t forget to have a look first on FAQ

Regards

Hi all experts out there,

This i observe is a frequent issue all over.

Apart from Physical access/security provided to the PC where supervisor product is available –

1. can it be possible to hide the General Supervisor name from being displayed in the user pane (6.5.1), so that no one peeps onto the screen from behind your shoulder, and for whatever reason tries out the login even from Businessobjects product on his PC and locks up the GEN-sup???

2. In the same context, can the ‘ADMIN’ button on the supervisor login screen be controlled in some way, to prevent unauthorised repositories being created by all those having permissions to write to the database (though it may not affect the current repository in use ) BO 6.5.1 ???

Kamesh

Kamesh (BOB member since 2007-05-19)

Hi all,

Any views on that ? even if some unauthorised methods like updating repository tables (like we do to enable the gen sup account),

Kamesh.

Kamesh (BOB member since 2007-05-19)