BusinessObjects Board

How can we apply Performance tuning at BO level

Hi Guys,

I am working Business Objects 6.5. My BO Report is fetching the data from 3 tables. Those are Ida_Error_Record,Operator,Network_Node. Ida_error_Record table is having more than 50 million records. So my BO Report is taking 60 min to refresh the data. Can we apply performace tuning at BO level to retrieve the data in less time. I kept this report for scheduling on daily basis. Because of this huge time the job in BCA is getting failed. Any suggesions?

Naveen V (BOB member since 2005-01-27)

Hi,

There is nothing much (esp. in your case where the report time 60 mins.) that you can do at BO level to improve the performance or tune the report.  

You need to check the performance of the queries built by your DPs in the back end. If needed tune these queries by various ways (indexing etc.)

Have you searched before posting, there lots of threads on the same topic which might have given you some idea. Here are few to proceed with:

Here is an entry from Reporter FAQ:

Hope this helps.

ravi.

palepuravi :india: (BOB member since 2003-10-28)

If you were handwriting the SQL how would you tune it. Tuning on a simple database like you mention likely needs to happen at the back end.

However, I have seen some amazing performance gains using derived tables. You may want to check them out in 6.5.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

see this link also

http://webpages.charter.net/leedrake/Business%20Objects%20Performance.html

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

We are having the same problem but we have nothing to do on this issue as we have central repository. we often get table log problem too. it means if another user is retriving data from that table then we have to wait until he is done with that table otherwise we get “no more spool space” error. so now a days all i am doing is refresh two reports and go home. :slight_smile:

kool :nepal: (BOB member since 2005-04-15)