BusinessObjects Board

How can I print out the backend details of a report?

Hello!! I am currently working on full client BO and have developed some fairly complex reports. I have just been told that I need to recreate these in WEBI so that other report designers who do not have a full client install can modify or update the report. Since there is no way to convert these reports to WEBI, I need to capture all the details to all the queries to all the reports. Is there any way to capture the details of the report on paper? Thanks.

gmonny (BOB member since 2004-06-24)

You can go to each dataprovider and click on the SQL button, it will pop up with a window where you can save the SQL for each dataprovider but if you have built variables or logic within the report you have to copy them manually, I cant recall of any automated process to extract all the details.

BOB User :us: (BOB member since 2003-06-03)

How about this tool from BOB’s Download forum?

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

gmonny – perhaps you could tell us what you mean by capturing the details to all the queries. Is getting the query correct sufficient? [Because, if you’re still in 5.x, you won’t be able to get variables].

If you are on 5.x, you might try saving the report as a BusinessQuery *.bqy report, and then rename it from x.bqy to x.wqy, and export that to the repository, or get it onto the WebI server into the appropriate personal folder.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Andreas, very useful piece of code. It there anyway you know of to also output the conditions other than also writing out the SQL as part of this ?

dai_roberts (BOB member since 2004-01-16)

Try this. I have several improvements on my “I’ll get to it someday” list, but that post should still nudge you in the right direction.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)