BusinessObjects Board

How can I Mass update Objects of my Universe.

Hi,

We have been newly migrated to BO XI R2 from BO 6.5 & now I want to update multiple objects of my Universe. previously we used to do this using a package called “Mass update of Objects in Universe” but now when I am trying to access the same macro for BO XI R2 universe it is giving me error “Missing: Business Objects Designer 6.5 Object Library”.

Do we have any provision for doing the same in BO XI R2, Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,
Ravi Jagyasi

Ravi Jagyasi (BOB member since 2005-10-07)

You need to point to the XI Object library.
Check the macro Here designed by Dwayne Hoffpauir for Designer XI version in BOB downloads

Cheers

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

I think this is simply a case of adding a reference to a new DLL.

Do this; When the report runs and crashes
Select Debug
Stop Debug
Select Tools->references

You will see a dialog box listing available references, the first few will have a tick/check mark against them.

Move down the list until you come to the first list Business Objects reference, which should be

Business Objects CIVcommands 11.5 Type library

put a tick/check mark against this

Click OK
Click File Save
Click File Return

No doubt Dwayne will chime in if I’m not 100%

Paul Shovlar :uk: (BOB member since 2002-09-05)

I’ve had this happen to me before, do as Paul instructed and you should be good to go… :slight_smile:

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

FYI, topics in BOB’s Downloads will often have a link to a discussion topic related to that item. That way if / when you have a question you can get to the dedicated topic for supporting that item.

It can save some time. :wink:

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

OK, you were 99% correct (smile). There are some syntax differences because of the underlying architecture differences. The .Logon syntax is different, and you reference folders, not domains. I think only the .Logon syntax affected this utility, but in any case there is an XI version in the same BOBs Download topic (as haider referenced in his post).

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)