BusinessObjects Board

Horizantal bar chart with multi colors

Hi,

I am using BO 5x version,is it it possible to create horizantal bar chart with multi colors.

Pls find the attached doc.

Thanks,
Shamanth
Horizantal chart.xls (22.0 KB)

m_shamanth :india: (BOB member since 2007-07-25)

can any one pls help me on this topic?

Yes you can show horizontal bar chart with different colors.
For this you need to right click on each bar and select Format Data series.
Select whatever color you want.

Cheers

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

hi haider,

have u gone through the file which i have attached,i want bar chart in horizantal position with multiple colors for single bar(i.e. if i have more than one measure)

pls download the doc. to see the format

pls let me know is that format possible with any version of BO,need help on these.

Thanks a lot,

Moderator note - Please help keep BOB friendly! Review this topic for some suggestions, thanks.

Horizantal chart.xls (22.0 KB)

Horizontal bar chart can be created but not with multi colors.
The 4 multi colored partitions on each horizontal bar mapped in Excel are the 4 measures you mentioned.

Please wait at least 24 hours before “bumping” your topic. You posted your topic at 2:58am my time (Pacific Daylight Time, U.S.A.), and “bumped” at 4:22am my time.

Since most members of BOB are in the U.S., and are all volunteers, most of whom only log on occasionally, you need to give your post time to be seen. Thanks. :wink:

Also, Please do not use Instant Message abbreviations on BOB, such as “u” for “you”, nor “pls” for “please”. We are an international community, and spelling out the words will make BOB easier for everyone.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Im not sure if i remember horizontal bar charts are available in V5.x

The multi color bars you want can be done with stacked chart available.

KhoushikTTT :us: (BOB member since 2005-02-24)

Correction:

In version 6.x, there is Horizontal Column chart types and under styles->Stacked Column chart.
Up till version 5.1.7 there was no horizontal column chart type it was only vertical. Not sure after 5.1.7, it was introduced or not.

Cheers