BusinessObjects Board

Home Made Auditor

Hi ,

I know that auditor creates its own Database (set of tables/Views) . Can we build our own universes and reports on Auditor Database?

Assuming the reports /universe are working fine and showing the correct information . will it be a cheap/trimdown alternative for AUDITOR.

I have created a separate DB for audit and have enableled auditing thru supervisor. i am now building universe/reports on Audit DB …

any suggestions, considerations I have to have in my mind ??
Will it do anything to our contract with BO ?
In my FC i can see Auditor as part of the BO tools (and we have not purchased it) It’s showing “Universer Exporter” and “Document Exporter” - when I click Start->Programs->Business Objects->Auditor?
Any idea wts are those ??? and How come I have them when we dont purchase Auditor at all ???

I will waiting for replies
Nasir

botakhan :pakistan: (BOB member since 2005-08-18)

Hello Nasir,
When iyou nstall BO and if you choose default installaton… it does install everything. You can check your license key during installation to see what are the products has been purhcased by your company. Our other group uses Auditor… I will find out from them and let you know.

M-

Mohammad T. Hussain (BOB member since 2004-09-21)

You might find this download useful.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Thanks Hussain I will be waiting for your input
Dwayne - The File u fwd is creating a view as well - I think Auditor create views itself. Is this view anything EXTRA ? for cindy’s universe??

Nasir

botakhan :pakistan: (BOB member since 2005-08-18)

The view is specifically for Cindy’s universe, which by definition assumes you are not using Auditor. If you were using Auditor, you wouldn’t need Cindy’s download.

Note that you can “turn on” auditing, without purchasing / using the Auditor product. With auditing “on” the logs are created, either to text files or to a database … your choice. You can then use Auditor to report on the results, or you can use a home grown reporting solution (like Cindy’s download) instead.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)