BusinessObjects Board

Hidden Placeholder? - %SI_STARTDATE%

I have several reports that I schedule and have stored to a file location. We store them in a folder that corresponds to the day the report was run. I was using the default placeholder %SI_STARTTIME% to create the folder in which the reports reside.

This works. However, it includes the time as well. I really just wanted the date (YYYY-MM-DD). So, I was playing around with the placeholders and just typed in %SI_STARTDATE%. I ran my reports and, sure enough, it created a folder called 2009-07-23. This was exactly what I wanted.

I didn’t find anything in any post, help file, guide or anything that mentions %SI_STARTDATE%. but it works. I’ve seen several posts asking for something like this.

I hope whoever needs it finds it helpful.

scottycope (BOB member since 2009-01-29)

Thanks Scotty

forgotUN (BOB member since 2006-12-13)

What version are you running? Did you schedule through WEBI or the scheduler? I tried it in WEBI XIR2 and did not work. :wave:

fuzebear :us: (BOB member since 2008-01-25)

XI 3.1

forgotUN (BOB member since 2006-12-13)

I tried it in 3.1 and %SI_STARTDATE% does not work. :hb:

Rich :uk: (BOB member since 2002-10-04)

I don’t remember the version, but it used to be that you could put any of the SI_ variables (the ones you would see in the query builder). They have removed this (I assume for security reasons), but there may be some others that have not been removed.

I’ll have to try the STARTDATE one.

gobrien :us: (BOB member since 2008-03-14)

hi,

is there a way to have a ‘STARTDATE - 1’ date? what is the syntax?

I am using Webi 4.1.

thanks

eelza (BOB member since 2017-07-03)

No.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Welcome to B:bob:B eelza!

You could create an idea for this in the BI Launchpad part of ideas.sap.com. If you do, let everyone know here

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)