BusinessObjects Board

Help with WHERE statement..!

I want to create a formula which looks at todays date and the withdraws information based upon this.

Basically, I want to be able to calculate how many selling days have passed during the month, by looking at what todays date is.

I’ve already added in an excel file which contains a list of dates and how many selling days have passed on each date. And if I was to run a query such as:

= Where ( = 24/01/2007)

(Where Selling Days Gone and Date are columns in the excel file)

It works fine.

However, I want to be able to say:

= Where ( = )

(where current date is a formula, which withdraws todays date)

How do I do this? Is it a problem because there is a variable in the ‘Where’ statement? If so, How do you get around that.

Many thanks for any help at all and sorry if I didn’t put this post in the correct place…

David.

Hodged (BOB member since 2007-01-24)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

Is this WebI or full client? What version? Let us know and we’ll move this to a more appropriate forum. Have you tried the If statement instead of Where…?

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

I’m using the full client version and its version 6.5. How would an IF statement work in this context?

Please, take a look at Reporter FAQ here.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Moved to BO Classic

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Thanks for moving this to the right place. I’ve had a look through the Reporter FAQ but I can’t find much there that will help.
I’ve already successfully created a variable which withdraws todays date, I just don’t know how to use this within a Where statement.

Thanks for all the help so far :slight_smile: