BusinessObjects Board

Help please

Dear B :mrgreen: Bers

I’ve learned Business Ojects 6.5 on my own and now need some training. I don’t see any entry level jobs in BO and can’t afford those expensive training classes either. I just need some real life environment to master my skills in BO.

Any recomendations, links, and comments are appreciated.
Thanks

RambLer2006 :us: (BOB member since 2006-03-26)

I understand :yesnod:
use this support site of BO XI to learn more
http://support.businessobjects.com

There are some companies which offer free training but you may need to work for them for some time.

Sheshachala5 :india: (BOB member since 2004-01-09)

Thanks for your suggestions Kalyan.

I think you are talking about consulting companies which give you very basic training and then make you work for them. My friend joined one of those compnay and he now knows nothing more than what I know. And I am sure he will pass the interview too, but I can’t fake that way.

Take a look at this discussion: Dishonesty may get you the job. Experience will keep in for you

It all depends on how fast a person picks up. 5 years back i got training on BO 5.x when i was working on PL/SQL and some Database/warehouse technologies. I got into a report developer role as i had SQL experience.
From then i never had to look back, and i feel very confident on BO and specially XI.
Those companies can get you a basic report developer job if you have good SQL experience and then it all depends on the individuals zeal and ability. I strongly oppose faking it and i agree to your point of
Dishonesty may get you the job. Experience will keep in for you.

Sheshachala5 :india: (BOB member since 2004-01-09)

I would suggest starting off from a Report writing job and then build your way up. Be open for additional opportunities and work that come your way even if you have to work twice as much for the same pay.

Kashif Saeed :pakistan: (BOB member since 2004-06-02)

Thank you @ Kalyan

Thanks for the advice Kashif. I am willing to work for an average pay, but can’t find companies who want entry level reporter :?