BusinessObjects Board

Help: Locating Filter and Condition Values in a Repository

Hello all,

I’ve got a problem whereby a commonly-used primary key value in one of our tables is being made redundant and being replaced by another value (well, a new row is being inserted and the original made obsolete). This value also appears to be a part of a filter in several of our reports (that is, a business objects filter, not a filter or condition on the universe).

For example, in table FURNITURE, primary key field ITEM has the value CHAIR. CHAIR is being made redundant and is being replaced by STOOL. Our report Furniture Listing has a filter applied within the report to limit the results to ITEMs CHAIR, TABLE and BENCH. I need to go into the report and change all these to STOOL.

I know a few of these reports but we have several hundred reports and the value CHAIR could be in filters or conditions in any of them.

Can anyone give me an easy way of finding out which reports contain this item? I’m thinking I need to query the repository but have no idea which table or field to start looking in to find filters and conditions.

FYI we use BO 6.5 and a Sybase database.

Thanks,
Easy

Easy :australia: (BOB member since 2007-06-15)

As far as I know, that information is not stored in the repository.
Maybe I can be wrong.
There can be other ways like using VB macros to search the filter in each file for that value in question.
Search BOB

Cheers

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Reports which have been exported to the repository (“Corporate Documents”) are in OBJ_X_DOCUMENTS in BLOB form, and so that information is not available via a query.

If you download all of the documents to your PC, then this utility from BOB’s Downloads might help you identify which reports use the object in question.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think anyone has submitted a utility that looks for the filters and conditions. If you write a utility to solve this problem, perhaps you could submit it to Bob’s Uploads to share with others. :wink:

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Thanks! I’m having a look at that utility now (time to dig out my rusty VBA skills).

I’ll let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Well if anyone’s interested I managed to butcher that VBA code into something that extracted the actual condition values on the report.

That solved some of my problem. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to make it extract any filter values placed on tables within a report. And I also wasn’t able to pull out any condition values where they were placed on freehand SQL queries.

So unless someone comes up with a great idea for me I’ve still got a bit of a tedious manual task on my hands.

Such is life :slight_smile: